About Wind Power Windsurfing & Kiting Center
We are committed to customer service and satisfaction. We are dedicated to make this sport fun for everyone involved. The entire family can learn to sail at Wind Power. Special boards and rigs are available for kids of all ages. Windsurfing is a challanging sport. Wind Power can help make sailing a fun and rewarding experience. We care a great deal about our customers and our sport. We have a large storage facility to allow sailors to stow their gear rigged giving you extra time on the water.
We are located on the Southeast corner of Lake Winnebago in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
Wind Power Windsurfing & Kiting Center (map)
N7351 Winnebago Drive
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
920-922-2550 (phone) | 920-251-1002 (cell)
Open daily 10am - 5pm, but please call ahead as we are teaching lessons when conditions allow.
Product & Services:
- Equipment - Largest Inventory in Mid-West!
High performance new & used windsurfing & kitesurfing gear.
- Rental Equipment - We rent windsurf, kitesurf, stand up paddle & Open Bic equipment
- Lessons - windsurf, kitesurf, Open Bic as private, group & kids too!
- Plus the new O’pen Bic sailboats for kids
Learn more about Open Bic at Wind Power
- Racing - get involved with racing
See the Wind Power Frequently Asked Questions (faq) for more infomation.
Owned and operated by Kevin Gratton:
- 2006 Windsurfer of the Year
- 25+ years experience as a Sailor & Shop owner
- World One Design Racing Champion
- Certified Mistal Instructor
- Dedicated to getting Kids involved in sport
- Co-founder of MoWind
On-the-water location on Lake Winnebago:
- Wind Power Windsurfing & Kiting Center is located on the South Shore of Lake Winnebago in Fond du Lac, WI. Lake Winnebago & Roosevelt Park, which is across the street from Wind Power, is a superb inland lake for water sports. It is very large, shallow & has launch friendly sites around the lake. The sandy bottom at Roosevelt Park provide ideal learning conditions for beginners.
- When windy, Lake Winnebago large size and shallow depth yields challenging conditions for all level sailors.
- Click here to see google map of favorite launch sites on Lake Winnebago & a couple other local launches on nearby lakes.
- The prevailing winds are westerlies, from SW to W to NW, so Wind Power is a perfect spot.