|Event:||O’pen-Bic Sailboat fUN-Regatta & Kids Windsurfing|
|When:||August 21-22, 2010 (Saturday & Sunday)|
|Where:||Roosevelt County Park, Lake Winnebago|
Fond du Lac, WI (directions/map below)
|Schedule:||Saturday, August 21st|
Registration | 10 - 11 AM
Racing | 12 - 4 PM
Sunday August 22nd
Racing | 10 AM
Awards | early afternoon
|Equipment:||Charter equipment available in limited quantity, so pre-register early.|
Equipment Available for purchase after event - see info below
All Participants must register. Pre-registration is encouraged.
You should have also received the Registration form as an attachment (.pdf) with this e-mail.
(or you can download .pdf)
Wind Power Windsurfing & Kiting Center is proud to announce the return of its UN-REGATTA to be held at the center in Fond du lac, WI on August 21st & 22nd. This family oriented FUN regatta for kids will be host to both windsurfing and O’Pen Bic sailing with 2 days full of course racing, slalom racing, and freestyle time! The great part about this event is that everyone walks away a winner!
The weekend begins with FREE registration from 10-11am on Saturday with racing beginning at noon and going until 4pm; Sunday will have a 10 am start with more racing and freestyle opportunities through the morning and into the early afternoon. Wind Power welcomes families to take advantage of the free camping available in its own backyard; come hungry and enjoy a beautiful sunset and good food at the friendly neighborhood Sunset Supper Club just across the road from Wind Power.
We highly encourage pre-registration as charter boats and boards are available in limited supply; charter equipment will be available for sale following the event. See below for pricing.
O'pen Bic Related Info:
- Shop: See the Open Bic boat at the online shop, Used Bic $1995, New Bic $2795
(discounts available when multiple units purchased)
- Lessons: Wind Power Open Bic lesson information
- Rentals: Wind Power Open Bic rental information
- Bic Info: Bic un-Regatta site and Open Bic home page
DID WE MENTION THE EVENT IS FREE ??
Questions and Pre-Registration can be directed to
Kevin Gratton at 920-251-1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on sailing, windsurfing, and directions to the shop
check out our website: WindPowerWindsurfing.com
Last Years Event
The 1st annual Wind Power Open Bic un-Regatta was a big success. The images below are from last year's event (hover your mouse of the image #s). You can see a video and read the blog post here.
News & Announcements
- Lessons in all sports have been big lately. Kevin is teaching windsurfing to kids & adults, kiteboarding private lessons and kids Open-bic sailboat lessons too! If you are interested in lessons, please visit our lessons page, read the FAQs and check out the blog. Then contact Kevin via phone or web site and schedule a lesson today! It is well worth the investment in time and money!
- Wind Power has a new web site and online SHOP! Did you know our online shop is now open? Much of the inventory is still being uploaded but great new items are being posted daily; check the website for deals and steals! You can access the shop thru the home page or blog, or simply WindPowerWindsurfing.com/shop. If you have any issues with the site, blog or online shop, please send us a note at the contact page and we will review your feedback and investigate any issues.
- HOLY 21st CENTURY! Wind Power joined FACEBOOK! Check out the page, become a fan today and get updates about the wind and weather and chat with fellow water enthusiasts from around the nation!!!
- Bored on a light wind day? Get a SUP, or Stand Up Paddle board. Great for core training! Wind Power has rentals available and offer paddles for purchase that can be easily used with your own longboard.
- Speaking of core training, check out the Indo Balance Trainer. Stay in shape and improve your balance, indoors or out. You can see Indo board at online shop here
- The Wind Power Championships is coming up this fall on Sept. 24-26, 2010. An e-flyer will be sent out right after the Open-Bic Event. see the Events/Windsurf page. The mowind schedule is posted and .pdf download is available. Also, kevin put together a google earth .kmz file with all the Event Locations for all the MoWind Events.
- Please remember the Road Construction in Fond du Lac, so take the Hwy. 151 bypass.
See map & directions below.
Map & Directions to Wind Power
Road Construction in Fond du Lac, so you will need to take the Hwy. 151 bypass.
- From US Hwy 41. Exit at Hwy 151 North (Exit No. 95). Pay close attention when coming from the North Exit # 95 is easy to miss because it is right after you go under an overpass
- After exiting (Exit No. 95), take Hwy 151 North around east Fond du Lac. The speed limit on hwy 151 is 55mph, be careful and don't speed
- Follow Hwy 151 (6 miles) and Turn Left at County Hwy. K (right after 4 lane hwy. turns into a 2 lane), follow K north to Winnebago Drive
- Turn Left on Winnebago drive and Wind Power is the second driveway located on left side across from Roosevelt Park
Here is a map below. For more info, see our web site map page. See you there!!